Things to know about Publetters, letter-writing and the Victoria Freehouse:
• They are neatly tucked away from the rumpus of Old City, on Front St.
• You can get to the VFH from almost anywhere via SEPTA/ Patco / Amtrak / Carriage Horse, bicycle, etc. If you drive, expect to search for parking a little, but possible!
• They serve Old Speckled Hen, a mild British ale that is the perfect accompaniment for writing post cards or letters.
• We are doing Publetters there from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Tuesday in July. As of NOW, that means there are still: 7/16, 7/23 & 7/30 left, to scritch and scratch out some heartfelt, handwritten mail.
• It is said that Oscar Wilde would sometimes finish sealing a letter in his London study, then fling it out the window to the street, saying breezily, “Someone will post it!”
• Their Happy Hour goes from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., overlapping nicely with Publetters.
• We bring everything you need (postcards, paper, envelopes, stamps, even loaner pens and pencils) to Publetters. It’s free, thanks to Trophy Bikes. Tell a friend. Thanks!
NEXT MONTH: Bar ERA, in Brewerytown. More on that soonish.